Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Sketch Challenge #1

Our first challenge here on the blog is a sketch challenge! Feel free to interpret the sketch how you want, changing it up here and there to fit your style!

I (Katie) really love following sketches. Deciding how I want to design my layout is the most time-consuming thing for me when I'm scrapbooking and sketches take all the hard work right out of it!

Katie's Layout:
I took these cloud photos a couple of weeks ago and I wanted to scrapbook them using different shades of blues and of course, lots of cloud embellishments. The cloud rub-ons are an older embellishment by Studio Calico, the cloud paper and the stitching template are by Amy Tangerine. I love the new embroidery templates!
Emily's Layout: Katie created the sketch for this challenge, and when she sent it to me, I was totally inspired--but I also knew that I was going to be changing it up quite a bit! I only scrap traditional pages in 8.5x11, first of all, and my stash of photos is all 4x6s because that's the easiest for me. So, here's my page:


And here are the changes I made to the sketch:
  • I used 1 photo instead of 3
  • I added an extra layer of patterned paper in place of the extra photos
  • I did my journaling directly on the layout, instead of in a journaling box
  • I added embellishment near the title and the journaling to complete a visual triangle


I really like this page! I've been meaning to scrap this photo of the Denton Courthouse and the lights for a long time. I used papers from the Amy Tangerine Sketchbook collection, and the houses are stamps from her Ready Set Go collection.

This challenge will close on Thursday, April 18.
Link up your layouts!! We would love to see how you're inspired by our challenges.

0 comments:

Post a Comment