Thursday, April 25, 2013

Inspired By... Challenge #1

It's always interesting when you're able to take an image of something not-scrapbook-related and transfer some element of it onto a scrapbook page or other paper-crafting project. The point of this challenge is to inspire you to do just that! We will provide the inspiration (usually something we found on Pinterest or elsewhere on the Internet) and some sample projects, and then all you have to do is link up a project inspired by whatever it is that inspired us!

This time, the inspiration image is this lovely quilt:


source: Sewing in a Straight Line, Brett Bara

Emily's layout: I treated the quilt like a sketch for a page and used strips of My Mind's Eye paper in place of the quilted stripes. This is a very simple interpretation of the image, but I love how it turned out and I'm really happy to finally have this photo (circa 2011 or 2012) scrapped!


  Katie's layout: I thought the bright colors of the quilt were perfect for the camping photos I had to scrap! I also loved the simple stripes on the quilt, but I wanted to change things up a little bit. I cut strips of green and orange/yellow paper, then I cut them in half and placed them on both sides of my page.
This project was perfect for using up a bunch of mixed matched paper scraps!

1 comments:

  1. I think this is the original image source:
    http://www.brettbara.com/book/

    ReplyDelete