Thursday, April 11, 2013

Card Sketch #1

Today's challenge is a card sketch. Just like the Layout sketches, feel free to change it up to suit your style, use it as a starting point or stay with the design in the sketch!
It's a fairly simple card sketch, a few banners, a sentiment and a place for a stamped image, patterned paper, embellishment, etc! You could also change this into a layout sketch, placing a photo where the image is.
Katie's card: I love this bicycle stamp which is from the same stamp set as the Radio stamp (from the Tough Supply Challenge) and I also have this fun black and white bicycle patterned paper, I think they go together quite nicely. For my color scheme I decided to go with pink, black and white, following the sketch and adding a little bit of bling for embellishment.

Cards are fun for when you don't feel like creating a whole layout. I love making small projects like cards, they're quick, easy (most of the time) and they usually turn out pretty cute!

Emily's card: I decided to flip Katie's sketch over so that I could make a portrait card instead of a landscape one. It was a simple card to make, yet I'm so in love with it! I used three coordinating patterned papers from My Mind's Eye and the big camera stamp from the Amy Tangerine Yes, Please clear stamp set. I think this sketch would be great for mass-producing cards, because it comes together quickly and looks great. Link up your project! We love seeing your different takes on our sketches!
This challenge will close on Thursday, April 18.

2 comments:

  1. I find I love making cards almost more than layouts now. These 2 are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so bright and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete